Introduction & General Terms
In order to provide you with the full range of Core Group services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
- What information Core Group may collect about you;
- How Core Group will use information we collect about you;
- When Core Group may use your details to contact you;
- Whether Core Group will disclose your details to anyone else;
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
Who are we?
Core Group is a professional, commercial and retail fit-out company
When we refer to “we” or “our” or “Core Group” or “Core Maintenance” we are referring to Core Maintenance Group Ltd.
What information will Core Group collect about me?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of Core Group’s services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, telephone or text Core Group, vote, book tickets for a Core Group event or create an account using Core Group’s online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
By submitting your details, you enable Core Group (and where applicable its contractors) to provide you with the services, activities or online content you select.
How will Core Group use the information it collects about me?
Core Group will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- to provide our services, activities or online content and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that Core Group may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for, as set out in section 5 below (e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service, activity or online content has been suspended for maintenance);
- to contact you about a submission you have made, including any content you provide;
- to provide you with information about our services, activities or online content;
- to personalise the way Core Group content is presented to you (e.g. using your first name to address you when reading personalised content, or as salutations when sending automated e-mails in response to fill-in forms you have submitted);
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries and to determine whether you are accessing the services from the UK or not;
- to analyse and improve the services offered on Core Group website(s);
- to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. Core Group may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes; and
Where Core Group proposes using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we notify you first. You will also be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal information for purposes other than those listed above.
When will Core Group contact me?
Core Group may contact you:
- in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for in order to ensure that Core Group can deliver the services to you;
- in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about Core Group products or services;
- in relation to any contribution you have submitted to Core Group, e.g. on Core Group message boards or via text or voicemail message;
- to invite you to participate in surveys about Core Group services (participation is always voluntary); and
for marketing purposes, where you have agreed to this (see section below)
Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Core Group will only use your information for marketing purposes, or to promote new services, activities or online content where you have agreed to this.
Will Core Group share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described in section 8 below. Generally, we will only use your information within Core Group. However, sometimes Core Group uses third parties to process your information on our behalf. Core Group requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Core Group requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
Offensive or inappropriate content on Core Group website(s)
If you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on or to Core Group website(s) or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any Core Group service, Core Group may use your personal information to stop such behaviour.
Where Core Group reasonably believes that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws (e.g. because content you have posted may be defamatory), Core Group may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school email/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
What if I am a user aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to Core Group. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
How long will Core Group keep my personal information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Core Group or Core Group’s corporate retention schedule (a database that defines which documents should be kept and for how long). If you cancel your registration as a Core Group website member and your account is deleted a red flag goes on the database and, while Core Group cannot use the personal information, it stays on the system for a period of one year for administration purposes before being deleted automatically.
Can I find out what personal information Core Group holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information Core Group holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved identification). We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
What if I am accessing Core Group websites outside the UK?
Cookies Policy – Information Core Group collects from you
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (referred to here as a “device”) browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other websites. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows.
On Core Group website(s), cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our website(s) to your interests.
Third Party Cookies in embedded content on Core Group pages
Please note that during your visits to Core Group website(s) you may notice some cookies that are not related to Core Group or Core Group’s contractors. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Google, YouTube, Flickr, Facebook, Twitter, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Core Group does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third party websites for more information about these. For information regarding the cookies specifically used by Google Analytics, see section ‘d’ below.
Third Party Google Analytics Cookies
We will never (and will not allow any third party to) use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any Personally Identifiable Information (PII) of visitors to Core Group website(s). Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. Neither Core Group nor Google will link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user. Core Group will not associate any data gathered from this site with any Personally Identifiable Information from any source, unless you explicitly submit that information via a fill-in form on our website.
Core Group cookies and how to reject cookies?
If you wish to restrict or block web browser cookies which are set on your device then you can do this through your browser settings; the Help function within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
When you visit Core Group website(s) you will be asked to accept the cookies we use. The cookies consent tool can be found at the bottom of your screen when you first visit the Core Group website.
About Core Maintenance
We at Core Maintenance Group have over 20 years experience in all aspects of commercial and retail property refurbishment projects - from building work through to full shop refits - we know what works! By choosing our team as your partner you can be sure that you'll receive a high quality finish every time.
0191 490 2510
Core House, Neilson Road
Gateshead, NE10 0EW